WHY AM I THE BEST CHOICE FOR WARD 2 COUNCILLOR?
- 30 year resident of Edgemont (formerly in Ward 2 until 2010); twice elected Director-at-Large
- 29 year management career at The City of Calgary; 18 years as senior manager working with City Council and Administration
- Prepared and presented several reports, recommendations and three year business plans and budgets to City Council
- Extensive involvement and relationships in municipal and provincial politics
- Understands the balance of managed suburban / inner city development plus innovative public/private models
WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU?
- Build on success and leadership;
- Maximize the value of tax dollars, thus minimizing tax rate increases;
- Enact principle of free flowing roads;
- Expand Calgary Transit services;
- Build ‘complete communities’ status;
- Establish ‘stay and play’ city parks;
- Streamline development and building permits process;
- Make more housing available, accessible and attainable;
- Resolve high-incidence public safety issues; and
- Engage and represent North-West Calgary residents and taxpayers;
HOW WILL I ENSURE YOUR COMMUNITY’S CONCERNS ARE MET?
- Establish a collaborative City Council;
- Re-align city’s base budget and turn civic priorities around;
- Widen Crowchild, 10 Street Lane Reversal, 14th Street/Stoney Trail construction, new truck route;
- Add multi-purpose facilities in parks;
- Expand ‘Transform Planning’;
- Ensure Smart Growth Management (suburban / inner city) plan supports accessible and attainable housing;
- Implement low cost traffic calming and expand community policing; and
- Establish a formal, funded North-West Communities Council to coordinate public priorities.