On June 11, I launched the ‘Vote4TerryWong’ campaign to be your elected Ward 2 City Councillor on voting day – Monday, October 21st.
With a 29 year year management career at The City of Calgary (18 years as a senior manager) I can bring to you and City Council my
to achieve your Ward 2 objectives.
City Council Swearing In Ceremony will be held on Monday, October 28 and, if elected, I will be On the Job and Your Voice on Day 1 with two (2) Notices of Motion that addresses urgent Ward 2 issues:
- Amend the Truck route Bylaw 60M90 and the Traffic Bylaw 26M96 to ensure heavy truck traffic be diverted onto Shaganappi Trail, north of Stoney Trail to 144 Avenue, between the hours of 7 am to 7 pm and their loads be covered and wheels shielded with mud flaps to eliminate road debris;
- Removal of $52 million taxes from the 2014 tax base thus returning Calgary to the approved 2012-2014 business plan and budget. Any use of the $52M in 2014 must be in accordance with the current budget adjustment process that treats this as a new budget growth request.
I will also bring forward my promise of
onto City Council by working to ‘Do the Right Things and Do Things Right’ at City Hall.
YOUR CONCERNS; MY PLATFORM
You have shared with me your thoughts, visions, challenges and suggestions for building, servicing and improving your streets, neighbourhood, community, ward, and city. You have also shared with me the quality of your life expectations for you and your family, friends, local businesses and Calgarians everywhere!
Your top 4 concerns are:
- Transportation and Transit – traffic flow and congestion (e.g. Crowchild, 10th Street NW), vehicle, noise speeding in community streets (e.g. bus and large truck, access into communities (e.g. Evanston, Kincora, Royal Vista, etc.), transit service (e.g. extended hours of service, parking at LRT stations, length of feeder route travel, safety, etc.), access to bikeways, etc.;
- Completing our communities – completion of the North-West Recreation Centre, development / enhancement of neighbourhood ‘stay and play’ parks, neighbourhood safety and security (i.e. street, home and car prowling), community centre / meeting hall, cross-town community bus connections;
- Managing community growth, upgrade and maintenance in Ward 2 – capacity of city service and infrastructure for new communities of 75,000 new residents, providing services to Ward 2 developing communities, and maintaining/upgrading replacing existing city assets. There is growing concern that Ward 2 will soon become unaffordable for first time home buyers and all renters especially as a result of the 2013 flood and inner-city vs. suburban development priorities; and,
- Maximizing the Value of Your Tax Dollars – whether it be the 30% tax rate increases brought on by the successive capture of the provincial ‘education property tax space or the rise in transit fees for seniors, golf course fees, etc. more and more Calgary taxpayers are not seeing the direct increase in value of City service to them personally. Many are also concerned that more of their disposable income will erode to pay for rising city taxes and fees.
I have plans to address these concerns, click here.
IT’S TIME TO ELECT TERRY WONG AS YOUR WARD 2 CITY COUNCILLOR
After weeks of visiting you at the doors, at community association meetings, at community events, and on the street, thank you for sharing your thoughts, concerns and solutions. However, it is now time to make your choice and select your candidate at the voting station.
When you make your selection, remember that a good councillor is
- one who knows the community, the residents and businesses, and the city infrastructure, programs and service offerings in the community;
- one who had demonstrated accomplishments professionally and in the community for the people and with the residents;
- one who has experience, knowledge and skill to navigate the legislation, governance, organization, bylaws / policy / procedure of City Hall; and,
- most importantly, one who can and will continue to convey trust with the residents and provide effective representation for the taxpayers and voters of Ward 2.
Thank you for visiting the Ward 2 ‘Vote4TerryWong’ campaign webpage.